Committee on Legislative Franchises
3/F Ramon V. Mitra Building
House of Representatives
Committee Secretary – Mr. Jose Ronald T. Ayad
Tel/Fax Number – 932-3906
Trunkline – 931-5001 loc. 7159
1. Approval of company registration with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).
2. Drafting of the Franchise Bill. Company may seek assistance from the Committee on Legislative Franchises (House of Representatives) in drafting aFranchise Bill or secure a copy of sample bills.
3. It is preferred that the company securing a franchise shall select the sponsor of the bill who has jurisdiction of the district where the proposed public utility operation shall be located.
4. Filing of the bill at the Bills and Index Division (House of Representatives).
5. Franchise Bills originate at the House of Representatives and shall undergo the process on how a bill becomes a law.
Detailed list of documentary requirements for Franchise Applications may be obtained from the Committee on Legislative Franchises, House of Representatives, including the overview and procedures involved in the legislative process. You may visit: