January 13, 2020
13 January 2020
(as of 7:00AM)
TAGUIG CITY – The Department of Energy (DOE) is closely coordinating with the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Operations Center, as well as all the members of the energy family for subsequent updates and information pertinent to the status of energy facilities and systems, or any other emerging problem that may affect energy supply in concerned areas.
1. The National Power Corporation (NPC) has no Power Plant in the area except for a SPUG in Tingloy, Batangas.
Actions Taken: NPC is currently coordinating with their personnel on the ground.
2. Ilijan Power Plant (Batangas) is still operating at full capacity.
The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) is implementing contingency measures, as it continues monitoring the effects of the volcanic activity of Taal Volcano to transmission facilities.
As of 6:30 PM today (12 January), multiple trippings of the following Lines:
• Dasmarinas-Ilijan 500kV Line
• Tayabas-Dasmarinas 500kV Line
• San Jose-Tayabas 500kV Line 2
• 4x600MVA DasmarinasTransformers
Cause: Line fault due to reported Taal Volcano eruption at 1535H.
• on-going switching and restoration of lines
• restored Sta. Rita-San Lorenzo 230kV Tie-Line
• declared Market Intervention for interval 1900H
• first attempt at Dasmarinas-Ilijan 500kV Line failed at 1810H.
The National Electrification Administration (NEA) has advised all concerned electric cooperatives to take all appropriate contingency measures to mitigate the impact on electric services to consumers, activate the Emergency Restoration Organization, when needed to immediately implement emergency restoration plan and continuously monitor the situation.
Batangas II Electric Cooperative, Inc. (BATELEC II)
EC Substation Affected: Talaga and Laurel Substations
F1 -Talisay/portion of Tanauan
F2 – Tanauan
Cause of Power Interruption:
• volcanic eruption
• series of earthquake
• ash fall, lava mud and rocks affecting sub-transmission and distribution facilities
Date & Time Power Went-Off : 12 January 2020 at 1611H
Date & Time Power Restored: To be determined. On-going ash fall and mud showers within the area.
II. OIL SECTOR
• refinery is business-as-usual
• continuous monitoring
• 7 stations within 6-35 km raduis of Taal are currently closed down for safety of staff
• terminals in Batangas and Cavite are not affected
3. Petro Gazz
• as of 6:30 PM, Gazz Silang Cavite and Gazz Lipa City are closed
4. South Pacific Inc.
• terminal not affected.
• Personnel are currently monitoring the situation
5. Insular Oil
• Batangas operations on alert
• terminal has no operations on Sundays
• alternate source in case of closure will be Subic, Bataan or Manila
• continuous monitoring
• as of 6:00 PM, Agoncillo, Lalaan, Mendez, Carmona and Canlubang stations are closed for the safety of staff
Subsequent updates will be made as soon as the information becomes available.
Rest assured that the entire energy family will keep the public properly informed on the matter.