The Oil and Gas Section makes its services available to the petroleum industry and private individuals seeking verification of crude oil/gas seeps sources or requiring specific and detailed analyses for characterization and evaluation purposes.
We also conduct analyses of Bio-fuel samples to check compliance to parameters set by Philippine National Standard (PNS) on these samples.
Source Rock Analysis
- Screening Tests
- Sample preparation
- Detailed Geochemical Analysis of Source Rocks, Extracted Bitumen and Petroleum Samples
- Solvent Extraction and Desulfurization to obtain Extractable Organic Matter (EOM)
- Liquid Chromatographic Separation of EOM into Saturates, Aromatics and NSO fractions.
- Capillary Column Gas Chromatography of C12+ components of Saturate fraction.
- Separation of Petroleum from Water and Sediments
- API Gravity
- Fractional Distillation
Natural Gas Analysis
- Analysis of N2, H2, Ar, O2 and C1 by Gas Chromatography
- Analysis of C1 to C4 by Gas Chromatography
- Determination of Free Glycerin
- Determination of Total Glycerin
- Determination of Acid Number
View complete PDF File:Schedule of Fees and Charges