1. Formulate energy standards for lighting and other household electrical products.
2. Undertake testing of lighting components and other related products to:
Maintain database on energy performance of lighting and other electrical devices in aid of formulating policy recommendations and for consumer information.
Implement energy standards and labeling.
3. Conduct research and studies to improve efficiency of lighting and other electrical devices.
4. Provide consultancy and technical assistance on standards development / formulation, energy performance testing and test facility design and instrumentation.
5. Conduct on-the-job training/orientation Programs in support of the academe, the energy sector and the industry.
6. Coordinate with various DOE units and concerned government agencies, academe, energy sector and other stakeholders on matters related to the above enumerated functions.
Electrical and Performance
Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs)
Tubular Fluorescent Lamps
Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts
Energy Saving Equipment and Devices