Coconut Methyl Ester
The means to help clean our air and energize our economy is here...
WHAT IS BIODIESEL?
Biodiesel is a renewable and biodegradable diesel fuel extracted from plant oil. A natural hydrocarbon with negligible sulfur content, it will substantially help in reducing emissions from diesel-fed engines. It is now commonly used in the United States, Canada, Thailand, and many countries in Europe.
THE PHILIPPINES' COCO-BI0DIESEL
The Philippines has launched the use of biodiesel, particularly, Coconut Methyl Ester or CME. CME is derived from coconut oil and is more appropriately known as Coco-Biodiesel. Compared with other forms of biodiesels, the medium carbon chain of Coco-Biodiesel offers excellent LUBRICITY, SOLVENCY, and DETERGENCY. Studies show that the addition of Coco-Biodiesel results in better combustion, less pollution, and more engine power; the engines run smoothly & with longer maintenance intervals!
Because of these outstanding characteristics, Biodiesel is considered first-rate and highly adaptable.
WHY USE Coco-BIODIESEL?
Environmental & Health Benefits
- is renewable and biodegradable, being plant-based.
- lowers emission of nitrous oxide and sulfur oxide - the main contributors to smog.
- significantly reduces serious air pollutants such as black smoke and air toxics that cause lung cancer, pulmonary tuberculosis, pneumonia, bronchitis, heart attack and stroke
- means less emission and cleaner air.
Economic Benefits to Vehicle Owners and Drivers
- cuts maintenance costs because of its superior lubricating and cleaning properties.
- promotes better, more efficient combustion and less engine vibration because of its higher cetane number and inherent oxygen content.
- boosts engine power and acceleration
- improves fuel economy by as much as 20%, which means you get more mileage and big savings per liter.
Economic Benefits to the Coconut Industry
- will provide and establish a long-term, sustainable alternative domestic market and as a result, will stabilize the domestic coconut production, resulting in more income price of copra.
- will enhance farm-based reintegration of opportunities.
- Economic Benefits to the Country
- will spearhead the introduction of the ester industry in the Philippines -an industry that would create more jobs.
- will provide a potential high-value export product.
- will promote participation of the Philippines in the potentially huge biofuel industry.
- will enhance energy supply security through the use of indigenous resources, at the same time resulting in foreign exchange savings
- will benefit 3.5 million coconut farmers and 20 million Filipinos dependent on the coconut industry.