The DC establishes a system for qualification, requirements, review, and evaluation process for the assessment and certification of energy conservation officers, energy managers, and energy auditors by relevant agencies towards raising the professional standards of those engaged in energy management particularly Type I and Type II Designated Establishments under Memorandum Circular No. MC2020-05-0001.
The minimum qualifications for CECO, CEM, and EA are as follows:
- CECO should have at least two (2) years of continuous hands-on experience in the installation, operation, and maintenance of energy-consuming machines and equipment in facilities with energy consumption for Type 1 Designated Establishments.
- CEM should have must be a graduate of a four (4) year course, preferably engineering, with at least three (3) years of continuous hands-on experience in the installation, operation, and maintenance of energy-consuming machines and equipment in facilities with energy consumption for Type 2 Designated Establishments,
- EA should have at least one (1) year of continuous experience on energy audits.
The training modules foe CECOs, CEMs, and EAs will be developed by the DOE in coordination with the following:
- DOE and the Technical Education and Skills Development (TESDA) shall develop the training module for the CECO Certification System based on an approved scope of practice, a set of competency standards with a clear assessment and certification process, and a certification for the determined competency. Likewise, the certification for EAs shall also be developed by DOE with TESDA.
- DOE and relevant stakeholders shall develop the certification for energy managers.