Memorandum from the Secretary
Subject: Implementation of the Memorandum from the Office of the Executive Secretary dated 13 March 2020 and Ensuring the Unimpeded Delivery of Energy Services
Energy utilization which includes the use of electricity, fuel and petroleum products (i.e. gasoline, diesel, kerosene) is vital to most aspects of everyday life in society. It is a basic necessity. Based on the Memorandum from the Office of the Executive Secretary dated 13 March 2020, the following matters concerning the energy sector shall be enforced, subject to the necessary public health precautions prescribed by the DOH:
A. ON THE MOVEMENT OF ENERGY-RELATED GOODS
1. Importation and domestic transportation of fuel such as diesel, fuel oil, natural gas, coal, and lubricants shall be allowed and remain unrestricted.
2. Importation and domestic transportation of spare parts needed to build, operate, and maintain energy infrastructure including energy exploration, development, generation, transmission, distribution, and energy retail shall likewise be allowed.
B. ON THE MOVEMENT ENERGY PERSONNEL
3. All energy-related work force (including those who perform indirect services such as the security, technical and other support personnel as certified by the energy agency or company) shall present their company ID, (and agency or company issued certification for the indirect energy personnel) in order to be allowed to travel and perform the necessary work to ensure the unimpeded delivery of energy services;
4. All energy-related foreign service providers arriving from restricted countries; such as but not limited to, foreign construction workers, technical field advisors, technical experts from the original equipment manufacturer shall be allowed entry into the country, provided they comply with ANY OF THE FOLLOWING four public health precautions:
a. Present a medical certificate issued by a medical authority deemed competent by the DOH confirming that they have tested negative for COVID-19 no later than 48 hours before entry;
b. Present a medical certificate issued by a medical authority deemed competent by the DOH confirming the person has completed a 14-day quarantine immediately before traveling to the Philippines;
c. Complete a 14-day quarantine to be performed at a government facility upon arrival here in the Philippines before joining the workforce; and
d. Complete a 14-day quarantine to be performed at a privately owned quarantine facility with the necessary government accreditation upon arrival here in the Philippines before joining the workforce;
C. ON THE MANAGEMENT OF PERMITS
5. The EXTENSION OF PERMITS necessary to operate and maintain generation, transmission, and distribution facilities for areas imposed with community quarantine until 60 days after the end of the government-imposed quarantine period shall automatically be granted, unless the LGU or the agency involved in the processing of these renewal applications allows for an online submission and a definite timeline that ensures the unimpeded provision of energy services.
D. ADHERENCE TO HEALTH PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
6. All personnel covered by this Memorandum shall adhere to the health precautionary measures as directed by the Department of Health. Attached herein are the Memorandum from the Office of the Executive Secretary as Annex A and the health precautionary measures as directed by the Department of Health as Annex B.
For your strict compliance.