In line with the objectives of the Clean Air Act of 1999, the implementation of Biofuels Act of 2006 and the continuing policies and programs of the Department in updating fuel quality specification in terms of the current requirements of the industry, its users and manufacturers, the Department of Energy's Technical Committee on Petroleum Products and Additives (DOE/TCPPA) reviewed and revised the following standards:
1. DPNS/DOE QS 008:2017 - E-Gasoline Fuel (E10) Specification
• This proposed standard is an update/review of PNS/DOEQS008:2012mainly in line with the January 2016 implementation of the Euro 4-PH specification for the sulfur requirement of 50 ppm, maximum in gasoline fuel as well as updating the test methods.
Note also that in this revision there are unresolved values/limits to be commented/ decided on density and distillation temperature at T50 properties of regular gasoline fuel grade (RON 91). Please refer to table 1 (chemical and physical requirement for E-gasoline) for the proposedlimits/values.
2. DPNS/DOE QS 004:2017- CME-blended automotive diesel oil (ADO) Specification
• This proposed standard is an update/review of PNS/DOE QS 004:2012 in line with the January 2016 implementation of the Euro IV-PH specification for the sulfur requirement of 50 ppm, maximum in automotive diesel oil (ADO) as well as updating the test methods. A major change in this revision is a creation of two distinct PNSfor automotive diesel oil and industrial diesel oil.
3. DPNS/DOEQS 013:2017 - CME-blended industrial diesel oil (100) Specification
• This proposed standard is also a revision of PNS/DOE QS 004:2012 and was made to come up with a separate PNS for industrial diesel oil distinct from automotive diesel oil.
Enclosed is a copy of the draft standards for your comments. It is suggested that any proposed changes to the specifications be supported with explanations/ justifications.
We appreciate receiving your comments/ positions thru mail or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com on or before July 31, 2017 for it to be considered in the finalization of the standard. Non- receipt of your comments on the specified date shall be construed as an approval of the draft standards.
Thank you for your usual cooperation.