Please be advised that Department Circular No. DC2017-05-0009 entitled "Declaring the Launch of the Wholesale Electricity Spot Market (WESM) in Mindanao and Providing for Transition Guidelines" is effective on 7 June 2017, fifteen (15) days after it was published in two (2) newspapers of general circulation on 23 May 2017.
Pursuant to the provisions of the said Department Circular, please be guided by the following:
- On the Effectivity Date (7 June 2017):
- Registration of WESM participants shall commence;
- The Interim Mindanao Dispatch Protocol shall apply until Commercial Operations is declared by the DOE; and
- The Interim Mindanao Electricity Market (IMEM) shall be terminated.
- On the Lauch Date (26 June 2017), the Trial Operations Program (TOP) shall commence, to be participated by the Market Operator, System Operator and Trading Participants
- Commercial operations will be declared upon compliance of the Criteria for Commencement of Full Commercial Operations in accordance with Section 4 of the Department Circular.
Please be guided accordingly.
(signed) FELIX WILLIAM B. FUENTEBELLA
Issued 6 June 2017